Adjacent to the Greater Kruger National Park lies the 11,500 hectares of pristine African bush that form Thornybush Game Reserve.
With an abundance of birds and animals including the Big Five, it offers opportunities for a classic South African safari while staying in luxury accommodation. Thornybush Main Lodge is a five star lodge with extensive living areas overlooking the seasonal Monwana River. Daily game drives in open game-viewing vehicles and guided bush walks are the highlight of any Thornybush stay. Between safaris there is time to read in the library, relax in the outdoor pool or indulge in spa treatments.
Expansive lounges, living areas and viewing decks aﬀord views of the Monwana River bed and there is a rustic bar serving drinks. Excellent cuisine can be savoured in the air-conditioned dining room, at the fireside in the boma or under the stars in the bush. There are special activities for children and experienced babysitters on hand.
• Thornybush Main Lodge has 18 suites and 2 family suites.
• All of the luxurious suites have private decks, air conditioning, en suite bathrooms and outdoor showers.
• Family Suites in addition have a private plunge pool and a lounge area.
• Daily game drives and bush walks.
• Viewing decks.
• Outdoor swimming pool.
• Guerlain Spa.
• Lounge, library and bar areas.
• Special children’s activities.