The Majlis is a privately owned luxury beach hotel on Manda Island in the Lamu archipelago, off Kenya’s northern coast. The hotel offers guests barefoot luxury and modern comforts in an informal ambience.
There are two swimming pools and an activity centre offering a range of water sports such as snorkelling and scuba diving. In the Majlis Restaurant diners can savour African and international cuisine while enjoying panoramic views of the ocean and surroundings. There are two well stocked bars. The sun-drenched beaches are an ideal place to relax and unwind. Sailing and fishing are also available. The hotel organises local visits for guests wishing to find out more about the Swahili language and life style.
• There are 25 deluxe rooms and suites divided into 3 bedroomed villas.
• They are all elegantly furnished in local Lamu Island style and are air conditioned.
• They also have en suite spacious bathrooms and stunning views of the landscape.
• Two swimming pools.
• Activity Centre with water sports.
• Two bars.
• Majils Restaurant serving African and international cuisine.
• Sailing and fishing trips.