Situated in the southern Serengeti near the Moru Kopjes, Pioneer Camp is a throwback to 1930’s style mobile camping with some modern touches. Pioneer Camp offers an authentic tented safari experience.
Guests can expect memorable game drives led by knowledgeable local guides from the camp which is well located for the awesome spectacle of the annual wildebeest migration. Full day adventure safaris, star gazing evenings and visits to study Masai Rock Art are also popular with guests. The camp itself has an elevated viewing lounge with spotting scopes and a library. Breakfast and dinner are served in the camp’s dining tent whilst lunch is either a picnic or bush meal.
• There are 11 tents in traditional mobile camp style with additional en suite facilities of a ﬂushing toilet and shower.
• Mosquito nets are provided.
• There is also a two-bedroom family tent with en suite bathroom.
• Game drives and full day safaris.
• Star gazing evenings.
• Elevated viewing lounge.
• Dining tent serving local cuisine.