Karen Blixen Camp is an Eco-friendly camp inspired by the author of Out of Africa that gives guests a sense of those exciting explorer days. The large luxury canvas tents offer an authentic experience with modern comforts and a chance to get to know and marvel at the Masai Mara region.
Game drives with expert guides take guests in search of the ‘Great Migration’ and to ‘Leopard Gorge’, as shown on BBC’s Big Cat Diary. In addition nature walks, balloon safaris, tree planting trips and visits to Masai villages and community schools can be arranged. There is an outdoor pool and viewing decks affording views of the Mara River and its wildlife. Original Karen Blixen recipes are used in the African dishes served in the restaurant or bush garden.
• There are 22 large luxury canvas tents on wooden platforms with spacious verandas.
• All have comfortable beds, Persian rugs and private bathrooms with ﬂush toilet and outdoor showers.
• Tents can be configured to cater for families.
• Game drives and guided walks.
• Outdoor pool.
• Viewing decks and lounge.
• Karen Blixen inspired cuisine.