Governors’ and Little Governors’ Camps are located on the banks of the Mara River in the west of the Masai Mara National Reserve.
The emphasis is on comfort and service, complimented by excellent food and a wide range of activities for all the family.
There are twice daily game drives in custom built 4×4 Land Rovers led by expert guides. Hot air balloon safaris can be arranged and visits are made to Mara Rianda, a Masai village close to the camp, largely untouched by modern development. The wildebeest migration and the Marsh Pride Big Cats are highlights of guests’ stay.
Viewing decks and lounges afford panoramic views and further wildlife spotting opportunities. There are bar and dining tents, giving the camps a wonderful social atmosphere. There is a resident masseuse and therapist on site. Meals are served in the communal central area and based on traditional African cuisine using the best local produce.
• Governors’ Camp has 37 tents and Little Governors’ Camp has 27 tents.
• All tents are spacious, traditional canvas tents with en suite bathrooms with running water and flush toilets.
• All have verandas affording uninterrupted views of the river.
• Resident masseuse and therapist.
• Viewing decks and lounge.
• Twice daily game drives.
• Hot air balloon safaris.
• Visits to Masai village.
• Local cuisine.